The land upon which Mission Viejo is developed was part of the 52,000-acre Rancho Mission Viejo. The chain of title for the land on which the City of Mission Viejo sits dates back to July 27, 1769, when a Spaniard named Gaspar de Portola led an expeditionary force from Mexico across southern California, resting for a while in southeast Orange County, especially the hills and valleys which form today's City of Mission Viejo. Claiming the land for Spain, Portola set the stage for what would occur seven years later, when the land witnessed the first attempt to found Mission San Juan Capistrano. Although lack of water forced the friars to relocate and the whereabouts of this old mission remain a mystery, the name Mission Viejo bears testimony to this structure's sojourn in San Juan Canyon more than two hundred years ago.
The real estate listing information is provided by California Regional MLS, Inc. and/or CARETS® for the consumer’s personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumer may be interested in purchasing or leasing. Any information relating to a property referenced on this web site comes from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the California Regional MLS, Inc. and/or CARETS®. This web site may reference real estate listing(s) held by a brokerage firm other than the broker and/or agent who owns the web site. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed, and consumer is responsible for verifying the accuracy of all information. Copyright © California Regional MLS, Inc. and/or CARETS®. All Rights Reserved.
Updated: 21st August, 2019 7:13 AM.